So on this Easter Sunday, we are officially at 37 weeks or what is now considered to be "full term" for the pregnancy! If our soon-to-be-daughter is born before 40 weeks at this point she will not be considered to be premature & will likely not need to stay in the NICU or spend any additional time in the hospital.
Now I'm ready for her to make her appearance! Everything is still going well, though I'm just now (in the last week) experiencing some swelling in my ankles, wrists, & fingers. It is fairly minimal, so I am thankful for that. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday morning, so we'll see if I've made any progress toward effacement (thining of the cervix). I highly doubt that I will have any dilation at this juncture. Most first babies are not early...they are late, so I'm almost expecting a May baby rather than an April baby to be honest (Mom, don't get your hopes up for May 7th, I'd hate to be that late)!
We'll update again after Tuesday's appointment!
No comments:
Post a Comment